YOU CAN PAY VILLAGE TAXES HERE
FROM JANUARY 1st – OCTOBER 31st :
If information is needed on any agenda item for any board please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a request for more information.
RE: Additional Garbage Pickup
RE: NOTICE REGARDING PARKING REGULATIONS
I hope that you have all enjoyed a happy and healthy summer. While recent times have been challenging to us all, the staff at Village Hall and the Board of Trustees has been hard at work throughout, doing everything possible to keep New Hempstead running smoothly and safely. I am also very pleased to report that we have made significant progress on several projects which serve to greatly enhance our village for all residents. Read more about some of these initiatives below.
One lesson the pandemic has taught us has been the importance of having good neighbors to turn to for help and friendship. I am proud to be the mayor of a village in which neighbors truly are like family.
Please feel free to reach out to me or any of our board members using the contact information provided below. We always welcome your input and participation at village meetings. I encourage all residents to sign up for our village email list which provides meeting agendas and other important information. Please send an email to email@example.com to join the list.
Wishing you all a safe, healthy and happy fall and winter.
Abe Sicker, Mayor
|Here is a sampling of some of the recent and ongoing initiatives taking place in our village.
|Board of Trustees|
Village of New Hempstead Comprehensive PlanFinal Copy Comp Plan 10.20.2020
Please be aware that there have been many bear sightings in the area. It is advisable to keep all trash cans indoors whenever possible. Additionally, here is a link with instructions to easily bear proof your trash cans: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C12bZaMHpUY.
If you do encounter a bear DO NOT RUN. It is advisable to stand still, raise your hands to appear bigger, and make loud noises.
NEW HEMPSTEAD VILLAGE ZONING CODE
OUR VILLAGE CODE IS NOW AVAILABLE ONLINE AND CAN BE VIEWED HERE!
To: The Village of New Hempstead Residents
PLEASE DO NOT PLACE ITEMS BELOW IN RECYCLING BINS OR A SUMMONS WILL BE ISSUED
- PLASTIC BAGS, NEWSPAPER BAGS & DRY CLEANING BAGS
BRING BACK TO PARTICIPATING RETAILERS FOR RECYCLING
DONATE TO A THRIFT STORE OR LOCAL DROP BOX
- METAL HANGERS
BRING BACK TO DRY CLEANER
DONATE OR REMOVE COVERS BEFORE RECYCLING
- ELECTRONICS & BATTERIES
BRING TO HWY FACILITY
- SHARPS & MEDICAL WASTE
CALL (845)364-2086 OR (845)364-2175
ADDITIONAL ITEMS: PLASTIC BAGS, HANGERS, APPLIANCES, TOYS, CERAMIC TABLEWARE, POTS AND PANS, UTENSILS, COOKWARE, GLASS WINDOWS/MIRRORS, LARGE PLASTIC OR METAL ITEMS, CLOTHING, HAZARDOUS MATERIAL, PAINT, SOILED PAPER, PAPER CUPS-NAPKINS-PAPER TOWELS, PAPER WITH LAYERS OF FOIL OR PLASTIC, HARD COVERED BOOKS, SHARPS, LIGHT BULBS
O&R cautions: If you get a call demanding payment within an hour – it’s a scam
- O&R does not call customers and demand immediate payment.
- To disconnect service, O&R goes through a multi-step process that’s regulated by the NYS Public Service Commission and NJ Board of Public Utilities. This includes sending written communications over a period of time.
- O&R does not accept payment by pre-paid debit cards, by MoneyGram or any similar transfers.
- Never arrange payment or divulge account or personal information, including debit or credit card information, over the phone.
- If someone comes to your home or business claiming to be from O&R, ask for identification. If you are still unsure, call 1-877-434-4100 or the police.
Here are some other methods scammers use:
- The scammer calls and says the customer’s bill is delinquent and instructs the customer to buy a pre-paid card and load money onto it to pay the bill. Once the customer puts money on the pre-paid card and provides the scammer with the card number, the scammer steals the money. The customer, of course, does not get a gift card and is still responsible for the bill.
- The scammer calls a business or residential customer and says a glitch in O&R’s computer systems prevented the customer’s payments for the last several months from being recorded. These scammers then ask the customer to buy a pre-paid card.
- Someone calls and says the customer owes O&R a deposit for a smart meter. The caller tells the customer to make an immediate payment by Bitcoin. This scam usually targets businesses. O&R does not require deposits for the smart meters it is installing at homes and businesses across its service area. The company does not accept payment by Bitcoin.
- Thieves have been known to get into mailboxes to pull out envelopes and open those that may contain payments. O&R advises customers who pay their bills by mail not to place their payments in a mailbox until close to pick-up time.
- Some scammers leave messages for customers urging them to call back. When the customer calls back, they hear a recorded message identical to the one O&R uses.
New Hempstead is a village in the town of Ramapo, Rockland County, New York, United States. It is located east of Wesley Hills, south of Pomona and west of New City. It is easily accessible and minutes from all major highways and the shopping areas of Monsey, Nanuet, and Nyack. With an area occupying approximately 3 square miles, and a population of about 5,800 residents, New Hempstead enjoys the tranquil fresh air environment and ever present lush greenery of a suburban community.
Originally incorporated as a village in 1983 and conveniently located approximately 14 miles from the Tappan Zee Bridge and 30 miles northeast of New York City, New Hempstead continues to be a vibrant and growing community represented by people of all races and creeds.
Inside Our Website
We have endeavored to make the Village website easily accessible so our residents will find everything they need when it comes to their village and their elected officials. Information that would normally mean a trip to Village Hall will be on the website, notices about upcoming events, meetings and business will be posted.
The forms, documents and applications used for submission to the various Village departments are now on this website or will be on shortly and are downloadable for your convenience.
Please use the menu on top, on the left and at the bottom of the pages to navigate through your website.
Please sign up for our Newsletter so you can be kept up to date on all our happenings.